10.04.2011

Baby Bracelet Making

Bead work

I did a post sometime back about making jewelry with children.  My daughter Grace was a little too young to make the jewelry we made so I did all the work for her.  We did talk about patterns and colors, but she didn't get to actually DO the work.  One of my readers made a suggestion of doing the bead work with pipe cleaners.  Then my great friend Andie Jaye over at Crayon Freckles did it last week and inspired me to finally giving it a go.  I am so glad I did!

Bead work
Right away Grace was successful at putting her beads on the pipe cleaner.  What a great skill for a 2.5 year old!  
Bead work
Bead work
She put every bead on herself.  She felt so proud of herself and I loved the joy I saw in her face as she worked.  

Bead work








We had our friend over who is only 22 months old.  He wasn't as able to do the work so I helped him a lot, but towards the end he too put on two or three beads all by himself.  I am amazed how fast kids pick up on new skills!  It is a joy to see and watch.

Bead work
With the happiness and fun this activity brought our household today, this is sure to be a new art project we do often!

I often link to these blogs.





If you like this post, please consider clicking here to place your vote for me in the Parents Magazine best craft blog contest.

6 comments:

  1. Love it! This is a regular activity at our house too--my daughter calls them "Beautiful Things" and gives them away to strangers. :-)

    http://mylittlebrood.blogspot.com/2011/02/gymnastics-and-tarantulas.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I love the look of satisfaction on her face! I bet my little Mina would love to do this also. Maybe we'll try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like she loved it! Such small things that bring joy to their faces, it's one of my favorite things about kids :)

    You're my featured blog on Flutter By Friday this week, I'd love to see this idea there!
    http://aleaciah.blogspot.com/2011/10/flutter-by-friday-107.html

    Aleacia

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've looked at this post like, 4 times. how did i not ever comment. i love her face in the bottom picture! thanks so much for linking this up to my party! honored as always. drop me a line and let me know how things are going if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi ladybug! just wanted you to know that this was my top-clicked post at my party last week! so you'll be featured tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not going to lie, I think this is a great idea. My daughter is always wanting to have different bangles. She even tries to dress up the baby and add jewelry. I think if we got her something cheap like that, she would really like it. She is already very artsy, so it would be good for her. Thanks for the idea! http://bumblebells.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks so much. Feel free to leave your blog or email info so I can get back to you.