7.08.2011

Lego

Legos could be my favorite children's toy.  They have endless opportunities.  Are perfect for girls and boys.  I love playing them with my kids.  My kids create and then play and then make stories and on and on with them.

Sadly our Lego Table broke this last month.  The top broke off of the table.  I am going to be on the lookout for another table to make a similar one, but the kids don't seem bothered by a broken table.

We also got our first Lego magazine.  I am in no way paid by Lego.  I just love their product and I am telling you if you don't get their Lego magazine you should.  First of all it is free.  Second of all you will love the excitement your kids will get when they get a magazine addressed to them in the mail.  Third of all it will get your kids creating if they have been in a rut.

I don't think we had done legos for a month or so and then two days ago our first magazine came in the mail.  James was thrilled to get it.  Ally read it to him from cover to cover.  Then they started creating and didn't stop for hours.




So, to get the Lego magazine and start your kids creating more, go to Lego.com and click on the Lego Club box on the left hand side.  It took several months to get our first magazine so be patient, but it is worth the time.  Free is always the best!  They have different magazines for different ages so I went in today and got the older one for my daughter.  I may get the oldest one for me too.  After you sign up for the club you have to click around to find the magazine order form.  I think I clicked the more button on things you get with the club and then saw the magazine subscription area.  Good luck.  I don't know why they make it so hard and secretive to sign up for this magazine (maybe because it is free) but I think it is well worth your time.
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tip! I looked on the German website and was able to sign my kids up. They'll be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Legos and cannot wait to do them with my kids. My daughter has just started to be interested in Megablocks, so I am almost there. The magazine sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Legos and cannot wait to do them with my kids. My daughter has just started to be interested in Megablocks, so I am almost there. The magazine sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason my son has every toy under the sun except for legos... I may need to pick some up!!

    Thanks :)

    Olivia
    http://jojfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son will love this he is so excited to play with "big boy" legos now that he's graduated from duplos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of getting a magazine for your kiddo!! And lego's?? Who doesn't love those!! They are so much fun. I'm totally going to go to the lego site now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be careful with the magazine--I won't argue that my kids don't love it when it comes in the mail with their name on it, but if the comics and games weren't enough of a marketing vehicle for Lego's products, now they have started sending a DVD with the older kid version of the magazine (and they switch your kid over to it as soon as they turn 6). My son's demand for specific Hero Factory characters has more than quintupled since getting that in the mail, but I have been able to get some used HF and Bionicle parts (they are compatible, for the most part) on eBay to provide more creative fodder.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks so much. Feel free to leave your blog or email info so I can get back to you.